MMS Community Read meets March Madness
1. Sixteen book titles are chosen.
2. Students are encouraged to read as many titles as they can in a designated period of time. (Jan. 16 – Mid-March)
3. March 1 the brackets will be posted to show the book pairings for voting. Just like the March Madness in college basketball.
4. Mid/Late March we will run voting rounds for students to ultimately decide on the Champion Book. Only because I want to give students more time.
5. All titles are being housed in the Library. Students will need to check them out. This will increase student accountability for the titles. You may have some of the titles as well. Obviously students are able to use classroom titles as well.
6. Students are encouraged to read as much as possible. But for this time, since it is the first time, students must read TWO titles to be eligible to vote in March. I think it is important to not over think this part. What is important is fostering and encouraging an environment where reading is fun.
What are the titles?
Here is a link to all 16 titles. This document allows you and students to click on the image of the book and either view a book trailer, listen to a book talk, or read a review. Mostly there are book trailers.
March Madness Book Titles This link should allow you to view only.